Wednesday, March 2, 2011

When Nowhere Is Everywhere...

I find it hard to leave home these days. I don't know how many plans I've shelved and how many faces I've not seen, all because I'm comfortable being alone with myself. At some point in my life, I feel it's soothing to be in my solitude.

It's funny though when at times, I had to be dragged out of the house when a friend comes a calling and it is only polite to reciprocate one's kind gesture. It's even humbling to know that you're appreciated and loved by many. Not that I'm counting on that!

After almost a month of not seeing my friends, yesterday, as promised I had breakfast with them. As usual I was the one to arrive first...well, I can't shed that habit of takut lambat! For goodness' sake, it's only a breakfast date! I need to relax on this...hehehe! It was good, really good to see them again. One whole month seemed so long...so much to catch up and I could see how much I missed them! KT, is leaving again for Prague in April.  Ros will be busy again after the school break, that we shall get to see her less. And as for me...well, you'd guessed it right! I'm not going anywhere, but I'd be nowhere!

But yesterday, once I got out of the house, I was everywhere... ;-)

hazy breezy Penang...

17 comments:

CS said...

Lili
Your 1st two paragraphs tepat2 n molek2 describe the real me. What is it with US? :-)

Boleh I plagiat those 2 para. tak?

Word verif: glica = gila ka? ahaks.

Sizuka said...

my sessions with friends will have to wait until after iman keluar spital. miss that!

Anonymous said...

i share your sentiments. funny but true. agaknya kita sekarang ni experiencing 'pergolakan waktu remaja' :}

Mama said...

Lili & CS

Dont forget another crab here... that 2 para also describe the real me...

he he...jom jalan2 sambil pegang tgn

Lili said...

Sorry guys! ...was about to reply your comments when I have urgent matters to attend to. Hmm...

CS,

You made it sound so weird! Hehehe!
Well, we are the crab family...

Wow, you sure you want to decorate those words at your blog? Help yourself then!

Lili said...

Shidah,

Sorry about Iman..hope she's fine now.
But of course, you friends have to wait and they surely understand. Savour the moments with your frens while you can...because there'll come a time when you'd long for some space! :)

Lili said...

Noir,

If it isn't true, I wouldn't have written it here... Hahaha!

Lili said...

KZ,

Let's join claws, actually!

Ibu n Abah said...

lili..
i pun dah mula merindui geng sarapan pagi i...
tapi i kena puasa lah pulak..
next week kotnya jumpa lagi...
bestkan kita ada geng sendiri...
bila2 kita ajak depa ada...
bila2 depa ajak kita dah sedia...

Lili said...

Akak,

Memang best dapat lepak dengan geng sarapan, tapi sejak lapan belas menjak ni, jadi malas semacam!

Eh, suka ler you kata tu: bila2 kita ajak depa ada...bila2 depa ajak kita dah sedia...

Lee said...

Hi Lili, love your humour.
I too have that stay home, happy attitude now....malas nak keluar.
Been a long time since duduk kedai kopi shoot the breeze with friends.

And I am happy just being home.....
I guess all those working years of nonstop travelling today I just want to be home. Go nowhere, ha ha.
Have a nice day.
Lee.

Lili said...

Hi Lee!

It's interesting you should find this humorous! Hehee))

My kind of being alone means, not only confining myself at home but I do go out for drives along the coastal road; and drive here means I'm speeding!

Nice day to you too! ;)

kak ja said...

Lili, wpun I bukan ketam, I pun sama mcm uolls gak.. Berkira2 sgt bab nak beramai2 nih..

Tp last weekend mmg best gilos!!

Kak Som, glica tu bknnya 'gila ka?'.. tp 'geli ka?' ngeh18x..

Lili said...

Ja,

Wlpong you bukan ketam, you kan adik si ketam yang sat tenggelam sat timbui...

Ada masa kan? Masa to be alone and masa gelak guling-guling! Wakaka!

CS said...

Lili
Remember I kata tadi nak grill chicken? pastu kata tak jadi plak... ekceli jadi you, hehehe.. My grilled chicken siap at 2am. BBPLB = baca boleh, percaya lagilah boleh..


Psst Ja
I tamau 'geli ka', I nak 'gila ka' jugak, nak nak nak jugak :-)

CS said...

Psst Lili
At this wee hour James Taylor pays me a visitlaaaa ... auwww..

I've seen fire and I've seen rain
Seen sunny day that I thot would never end ..

Lili said...

CS,

At two in that godly hours, I dah lepas ke mana-mana...hehee... Selalu nak terjaga time time tu tak terjaga ler pulok. Nak juga dapat tambah pahala.
Kira you ni dapat pahala gak, sebab gWill chicken utk TB!

What a time to hear James Taylor crooning 'Fire & Rain'! :D