Thursday, March 31, 2011

From Butterworth With Love...ahaks!

I declare today as my "hari Bodos sedonia". I mean it. In fact as I'm writing this, I'm on the verge of breaking down (bbpj). That bad. That bloody stupidosssss me. See? I still am not reacting well to excitement. And I'm forcing a smile on my face but I've turned stupid and my head just refused to register any emotions. Why can't I just cry like I usually do. That would have been right. For once, why can't I just go straight to the point....arggghhhhh

I thought I know Butterworth like the back of my hand. Oooo...how so wrong was I.   I got lost today. Boleh?????? Semalam, selepas keluar dari pagi membawak ke lunch time, baru teringat barang yang Shidah dah poskan. Balik rumah, tunggu, punya tunggu punya tunggu... takde pong. Elok aje keluar rumah nak jemput Mysarah kat sekolah, agaknya, masa tu ler van poslaju tu sampai. Eh, senang-senang hati pulak lekat notis suruh kita pergi ambik. Yang best tu, I bukannye tau kat mane pos ofis yang dia chop tu. Semuanya blur.

Anyhoo, I gagahkan jugak nak call this afternoon. Elok! Dah hampir sekerat hari baru teringat. So, right after zohor I started for the post office in Bagan Dalam (BD). I had been there before when I was little, hokeh, masa my late uncle moved from that post office house on Bagan Luar to this new P.O. But with the new Butterworth Outer Ring Road (BORR), I hardly notice to which exit I should take. Bukan apa, saja tak rasa that I would one day be using this route to that sleepy hollow. 

Masa kecik-kecik dulu, ingat ler berjalan kaki sakan dalam panas lit lit round dari New Ferry Road ke Assumptions with my cousins. Awat ler sekarang ni rasa semuanya jauh? Worst still, how come I forget. :'(

Iklan kejap tu...

So, masa dah bayar tol kat Bagan Aj*m (BA), I was debating with myself whether to go straight or exit into Jalan Pantai. But no! My stupidos (ni bahse spanish taw)... got the better of me and I went straight hoping there would be another exit exactly at BD. Berderau darah when there was none. Nak tak nak, I have to go ahead...bayar another stupid tol...and I found myself smack in the middle of Prai. Nak tak nak jugak, I have to drive a bit further and make an illegal U-turn kat Prai Megamall...and masuk balik tol----->bayar lagi. Masa ni rasa nak menjerit dah.

But it's okay, I thought. From there on, I boleh terus sampai ke PO tu. And I already saw the signboard shouting "Bagan Dalam"! BUT...

BUT...oh, please...I exited at Dermaga Air Dalam!!!! Nak nangis dengan nak ketawa sama banyak. What the heck am I doing here? Berderet-deret kontena nak masuk tol ke laut...and here I am. Ingat ape? Taking the next boat to China? 

As soon as I saw there were two other cars emerged from nowhere and making a turn toward BD, I just menonong ikut. At last I saw the PO. Dah jumpa, masuk salah parking lot pulak. Sudah-sudahnya park tepi jalan. Sabor ajelah kalo kena saman. In less that one minute, I took my parcel and left. Mende senang jadi susah tak pepasal.


Thanks Shidah! <3


Okay...dah dapat barang----> masuk Jalan Bagan Luar----> and was slapping my face at every traffic light----> masuk Taman Selat----> collected my pre-ordered nasi gor and samsot at PenMutiara----> and headed back to BORR....

Somehow, passing this road again for home, my heart just melts on looking at the magnificent sea ahead. And again, I just had to get off and feast my already teary eyes on the sea... 








I reached MyC's school just in time to pick her and was so relieved when she hugged me tightly and telling me, "Chill, mum...chill!"

*I could almost hear the hubby says: Pi mai pi mai tang tu! Still, I want his hugs...

21 comments:

Sizuka said...

awwww... siannya kat k.lili. actually, boleh je kalau suruh org poslaju tu resend sebab tu mmg keje dia. jgn nangis ye k.lili :)

zarin said...

erghhh i know how u feel coz i slalu kena macam tu tau! memang pi mai pi mai tang tu jugak...tensi betul kan!
anyway, betul kata shidah tu, u can call them and ask them to resend esok esok. kesian u kan

Fadhil said...

No worries lah, my friend... I get lost like that quite often, paying toll dua tiga kali. At least now, for sure you dah tahu which exit from BORR goes where..

Sometimes we need to be lost for a while for us to be found..

kak ja said...

Lili, I ni duduk SP dah 22-23 yrs dah.. Tp 2 weeks ago, Adik n I sesat barat kat area kilang tu haahh.. Gelak mcm nak pecah peyut, seskali moncong gewam kat diwi syendiwi sbb dah baik pening dok pusing pi mai-pi mai, last2 dok tang tu gak..

Tpkan, sesak nafas baca n3 u ni!! Tatau nak =)) atau nak :)) ataupun... heheheee..

kak ja said...

*baik - naik

jay said...

cian....hehehe

Ribbon and Circus said...

so sweet la MyC.. chill k..

Ms Paltrow, lemme hug you too..hhihi..

Lee said...

Hi Lili, ha ha, take it easy. We all have got lost before.
I guess its the new roads, no left turn, no right turns buat you lintang pukang, ha ha.

The last time I was in Butterworth was wayyyy back in the '80s.
Love the sea scenes. Beautiful. And so green. And we had snow last night!!!
Have a nice day.
Lee.

CS said...

Lili @ Ms P
Memang suka nak tunjuk 3 gambar terbawah tu ek? Mencii taw...

Butterworth? I know that it is worth to use butter when baking cakes, ahaks. Never been there so I assume I akan terus sesat ke Myanmar, boleh? haha..

I pernah sesat kat SA aje tu (well, it was at one time so alien to me). Drive dlm keadaan gelabah n gementar n mata berkaca2 (with 2 passengers yg sama takleh harap), lalu Puchong (mcm lalu Prague), n lalu ntah mana2 tetiba SAMPAI belakang rumah I, har3.

Sekian
Lucielle Ball signing off..

Wan Sharif said...

Ha ha ha,
I got lost in KL so often (after +31 years in KL !!!) that one of my two children will say "Tak apa Abah, kita memang dari kumpulan sesat!".. ;P
Nice pictures you have there!!

Lili said...

Shidah,

Memang staff tu cakap derang boleh hantar on Friday tapi I have to go somewhere today...hehee...so tak boleh nak janji pukul berapa I would be home. Tu yang REDAH aje...hahaha

Psst...I just came back from another Mikasa sale. Kilang Jepun tu takde duit...hahaha))

Lili said...

Zarin,

Actually, saje seronok 'menyesatkkan diri' sekejaps...hikhikhik)) But I have to have to get my parcel tu pronto, sebab Saturday dah nak balik Ipoh.

So, kiranye ramai ye yang selalu sesat! :D

Lili said...

Oldstock,

Yeah, now no worries-lah bro, ketawa lagi ada ler! The thing is, I've been plying this BORR like two three times a week...macam mane boleh jadi gini. Confident giler jer meredah!

Kinda like you quote that! ;)

Lili said...

Ja laling...

Kat SP kalo tersesat takut weh terlepas ke Siam! Masa ni Antu S pong tak boleh tolong dah... ngeh18X

Ja...macam ler tak kenal I.
Rating "=))" ni kan lebih afdal kat citer I ni!

Lili said...

Kak Jay,

hehehee....kalo tau semalam ikut you pergi SP!

Lili said...

RC,

I you must know, MyC speaks a lot of sense than her mom. Hehe..Ms Paltrow needs a nudge now and then from sensible people! ;)

Aahh...I feel better now, now that I get that warm hugs from you, Babe!

Lili said...

Hi Lee!

I'm taking it easy...way too easy that I thought I know something!

Butterworth has changed a lot. You must come one day and see for yourself. :D

Glad that you like the pics. ]
Have fun over the weekend!

Lili said...

CS @ Lucille Ball?

Those were the days eh! I love Lucy but hate her screaming when crying. Hahaha)))

If ever you reached Butterworth and find yourself lost here you'd probably cross Thailand... hmm...Myanmar? ;0

Laut Cina Selatan lagi hebat panoramanya dari this North Channel yang I selalu lepaks. No reason to menciks..hikhiks!

Lili said...

Ayoh Wang...

It would be super nice kalo I tersesat jumpa malls...Ni jumpa wharf! Lagi gelabah giler...hahaha))

Kumpulan sesat, eh? Cute!

kak ja said...

"I could almost hear the hubby says: Pi mai pi mai tang tu! Still, I want his hugs..."

Buat kot mana pun, kena kat u la, no??

Lili said...

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) <);) --> oops
hambik ko, berderet bendela


Ja, Ja, Ja... kekdahnye tulis tak abis: nak dia hug dulu...sebelum dia start perli merli! ngeh18x!

Ja, Ja, Ja... I kan ke veli de manje,
aauuwwwww!