Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Move Over, Adele...

 ...here comes the BEST rendition of Rolling In the Deep ever. Love this! ;)



There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch, and it's bringing me out the dark
Finally I can see you crystal clear
Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare
See how I'll leave with every piece of you
Don't underestimate the things that I will do

There's a fire starting in my heart
Reaching a fever pitch
And it's bringing me out the dark
The scars of your love remind me of us
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless
I can't help feeling

We could have had it all
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand
And you played it to the beat

Baby, I have no story to be told
But I've heard one on you
And I'm gonna make your head burn
Think of me in the depths of your despair
Making a home down there
As mine sure won't be shared

The scars of your love remind me of us
They keep me thinking that we almost had it all
The scars of your love, they leave me breathless
I can't help feeling

We could have had it all
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand
But you played it to the beat
We could have had it all
Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand
But you played it with a beating

Throw your soul through every open door
Count your blessings to find what you're looking for
Turn my sorrow into treasured gold
You pay me back in kind and reap just what you sow

(You're gonna wish you never had met me)
(Tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)
Rolling in the deep
(You're gonna wish you never had met me)
We could have had it all
We could have had it all

Rolling in the deep
You had my heart inside of your hand

But you played it
You played it
You played it
You played it to the beat

Phew! That was long. ;)
Updated 5th Oct 2011: Well, it was quite late last night when I came up with this post. I know, CS, this is not the cute side of all my postings...hahaha....but I have to come up with my personal take of  the cover versions of this song. One helluva haunting song, I must say!


1) David Cook did justice to this song by making it HIS. Yeah, the usual him with all the songs he covered in AI! I rated this a six out of ten. ;)

2) John Legend. Ooo...John Legend! The mere mentioned of him is nothing but falling in love with his songs and of course his voice! This song he covers, is an a capella and he can never go wrong with his vocals. But over all, my ears are all for Linkin Park and it's final, a perfect 10! John Legend can take that 7/10, okay. I know, I'm bias. Period. :D

3) Mike Posner. euwwww, bluekkk! What was he thinking when singing this song? Imagine singing this in a sexy tak kena tempat vocals...hahahaha when you're about to torch someone you thought you loved, someone you're going to bludgeon, huh, given the chance-lah, and you're going to bring him/her down and...OMG, giving this song another meaning - sadist! Geliiii weh! Hahahahhaa)) 
Rate: teluq ayam. =))

4) Haley Reinhart: Boleh laaaaa... The AI judges had said it all and the tribe had passed the verdict. And I'm being kind.... hikhikhik!

Last but not least, Adele takes home all the credits and she's a darling to this song and...has sold millions.... And a thought ran in my mind: Why haven't I write something like that! 

6 comments:

Cat-from-Sydney said...

Aunty Lili,
Surf youtube for the version by Haley of American Idol. She was top 3. purrr...meow!

Ribbon and Circus said...

I suka version Linkin part nih.. weekend lepas time masak kat dapur, I psg lagu Adele je.. on repeat.. sapai muak husband I dgr hehe

Lili said...

Angelina,

I still think Linkin Park does it best..hehe.. I've watched Hailey on AI some time back, but so-so aje lah, hahaha)) Let's check my take on those who had covered this song in my updated post here. Kelas Aunty Lili ko, Angie! Hahahaha)))

Lili said...

RC,

Very stylish indeed...masak sambil ber-Adele! Hey, I love Adele too, and to listen to good songs like hers is something, kan, babe!

Read my updates, ye! Never too late to add, hahahaha!

CS said...

Lili
Still cute esp. the no. 3 rating; teluq ayam, har3.

I takde feeling for this song merely cos I dont listen to the radio often. If my children were at home most of the time, maybe I wld have listened and the song surely would not sound so alien. Mak dah tua nak, ngeh3.

Lili said...

Kander Som,

Haiya...how come I missed this kimeng! And you know what? As I'm replying this, Adele's RITD is playing at Astro Hitz @705...very the cute, eh?

Well, I consider myself in the 'mak dah tua, nak' league hehehe...but music is my only entertainment since way back when. I'm very homely and I'm a bohringgg person! ngeh18x