Tuesday, May 25, 2010

"Banyak Akai!"

I was alone the whole week, last week. Not really so, ehem... since the hubby was at home in the evenings; usually at almost Maghrib. 

My baby, MyC, was away in Shah Alam representing her school for a workshop. She was among eight students selected for the T***** Eco Youth, running for the national level environmental project competition scheduled in October this year.
Her school came out top last year.So this year sees all the previous champions taking part, since its inception ten years ago.

MyC, (third from right), with her friends, advisors 
and two representatives from the sponsor

Looking at her picture here, I realized that she is getting taller by the day! Well, it's in our genes... hikhik!

Anyway, as I was somewhat 'merdeka' last week, I spent my time planning for Miera's upcoming kenduri at my mom's place this weekend in Ipoh. It will be on small scale and guests are mainly families and relatives.
There were pre-wedding dinnner to foresee, cakes, and breakfast for the next day to think about. Bagus jugak... hal masak-masak, serah kat akak... bab-bab duit serah kat adik!

 (Miera at her akad nikah in April)

Other times I spent reading and finishing all the books that I bought earlier this year. Now, tak ada buku... macam mana?

That whole week, I deprived myself of coffee; thus making me rather lethargic and sometimes erratic. But this morning....dah tak boleh tahan...had a mug for breakfast at my usual hang-out with friends. Kat umah stock nescafe dah sengaja tak replenish. Phew, lega! Mengalahkan orang undergo cold-turkey withdrawal... (Ni apa cerita? Oh, iklan!)

And when you're alone at home, you missed being a mother. I had no lunch to cook. I mean a complete lunch. Masak tetap masak! I ate what I like. Mostly clear-based soups with lots of stuffed fish paste veges... hmm...sedap....stuffed bitter gourd, green chillies, and lots of greens for a good home-made yong tau foo. Rice? I hardly found during that one week. Only one night tu, hubby ajak makan kat luar. Pekena la nasi sikit dengan tomyam. Not that I'm on a diet, saja tak lalu makan nasi. Nanti la balik Ipoh... makan tak ingat dunia.
 
All in all, last week was the most boring week in my life. It turned out MyC had a great time...


:-)

11 comments:

Fadhil said...

Lili,

I need you to tell me where's the best place to eat mee kicap in Ipoh :-)

Lili said...

Oldstock,

There are a few but I usually go to a stall in Jalan Datuk Onn Jaafar, right in the heart of Ipoh... somewhere near the pasar besar Ipoh, Telekom Malaysia and opposite McD.
They called it Mee Kicap Mat Jasak. Or you can try at Greentown Mall.

CS said...

Rupa2nya ada orang on honeymoon for a week meh??

Selalu ke berjauhan dari your dara? Tenteram ke you kat rumah sensorang? Soklan2 kepo tapi perlu dijawab, hehe (sambil katop mulut)

Lili said...

CS,

Tak penah berenggang dengan my Girl tu. Itu yg weng aje duduk umah sensorang. WalauponG, hehe, I membizikan diri. Kalau ada dia boleh buat kawan gaduh-gaduh manja!

Kekononnya 'merdeka' nak berhoneymoon...tapi kan tapi... psst..it's that time of the month ler pulak! ;p

(ni adik ipar I kalo baca sure muntah ijo kuning ungu)

Lili said...

Oldstock,

According to my brother there's a branch of Mat Jasak Mee Kicap shop next to Pizza Hut Ipoh. Pls ask for directions if you're in Ipoh. That Pizza Hut is a stand alone restaurant, not the one at Ipoh Kinta City.

Ibu n Abah said...

lili...
maaf nak bertanya....
anak2 u semuanya berapa orang?..(lg keppo dari KS) sunyi benar pulak jadinya...

Fadhil said...

Lili,

Ok thanks... that's a lot of mee kicap places I've got to try, hehehe...

kak ja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kak ja said...

Ur anak dara tu comeynyerrrrr!!

Pssttt!! I slalu tak keruan bila ditinggalkan anak dara I yg sorang tu..

Kalaulah anak I ada lapan ke sembilan ke.. hmmm...

Lili said...

Salam Ja,

Lama ye you menghilang....macam kanda Anne you jugak!

Comey ke anak dara I tu? hehe...rasanya comey lagi auntie Ja dia ni!

kak ja said...

I menghilang, tp Kanda Anne mmg dah hilang.. ghuyyyyuuuuubbbb gitu.. hehehe..

Huisshhh.. mmg comey anak dara tu.. Makcik Ja ni mana ada comey2 lagi dah.. dah comot bin belemoih dah!!