Saturday, May 15, 2010

Put Me Right!

Just before breakfast this morning, I finished reading a book that I've been burying my face in these past three days. I blame facebook for stalling me to finish up reading in one sitting like I used to! By nine, if it wasn't for the phone call I received from my brother-in-law, I would have snugly tucked myself in again. I sprang out of bed and start breakfast; hoping today would be better than yesterday. Yesterday was a total disaster, if you must know...
Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit!

I had planned for Friday to fix something simple for lunch. But lazing on the couch, watching some reruns, I started the chores quite late. I wonder how many of us, mums, had encountered such self-made 'predicament' of not knowing where to begin! (this ! or this ?)!!

First it was the kitchen... as I was doing the dishes that was stacked happily in the sink, (obviously by people who love my breakfast but hate putting them away, CLEANED!) ... where was I... oh, as I was saying, I was doing the dishes when I remembered my night tumbler inside my room. I left the dishes for my room and as I was about to take the tumbler out, ahhhh....my bed hadn't been made yet! So, I made the beds first. Just as I was about to leave my room, it was a pile of clothes for the washer... Took them out, and threw into the washer.

Passing by the dining, on my way to the kitchen, I spotted some tiny weeny crumbs on the floor under the dining table. That meant war for all mother of dirt and dust and crumbs are my worst enemy. I thought I had the house swept earlier on that morning! It was now vacuuming time for me. And while I was at that, the kettle boiled, wailing like a baby and almost made me jump. And I guess, you got it right.... I was back in the kitchen, picking up from where I left with the dishes.... and ran back for the tumbler...and ...the washer was actually sitting still without activity programmed on it!
Oooohh, I JUST HAD TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!

Last thing I knew, I was having brunch with some friends :-)

12 comments:

Ibu n Abah said...

lili...
semua porompuan yang bergelar 'isteri' dan 'mak' pernah mengalami sindrom 'mengjangkit' begini.... semua nak dibuat dalam satu masa.
tapi... sindrom makan bersama teman-teman... memang BEST...

Fadhil said...

So what was the book that you read?

Lili said...

Mah... ke..sindrom malas melanda sekali berkala-kala!! Muahhahaa))

Lili said...

Oldstock,

I started reading 'The Book Of Tomorrow' by Cecelia Ahern in January but managed the first chapter only, before really finishing it all this morning. Itu pun...after three days!

I'm now into a new book, also by Ahern, 'The Gift'. :=)

anneaziz said...

Salam Ateh,

Sounds like you had a very nice day...albeit it started off a lil bit off track...

Throw caution to the wind sometimes...believe me they won't even notice the house not being swept or dirty laundry not washed for a day..(I should know...I do it often enough)

U take care...

Lili said...

Salam Anne,

It's been ages waiting for you! Anne, anne...where art thou?

Well, if you must know, I've been away too long in the company of close friends. I have become quite attached to my own world that I thought I don't need them. And all of a sudden, bamm!, I had to crack part of my wall to keep me abreast with the going-ons with my peers.

BTW, the house work are no problems at all. I love doing them. But true to your saying, yeah, we need to close one eye sometimes lest we close both due to stress! ;-D

3yearshousewife said...

Hahaha, ni namanya sindrom pusing2 dlm rumah dan pening...

Lili said...

As,

Betul jugak kan! Hihi! Nasib baik tak pengsan jer...

Zendra-Maria said...

The thing about housework is that you get to do them all over again tomorrow - but not brunch with friends. I'd drop everything just for that - so what's a speck or two?

Lili said...

Zen,

Yeah, a mother's work is never done!
A little fun now and then won't do us harm. :)

CS said...

lili, what's new with that kan? Multi-tasking is our middle name, kekdahnya, hehe.

Sometimes best juga bila mood cam tu datang ...

Lili said...

CS,

It takes one to know one! ;p